Post new topic   Reply to topic    Circle of Legends Forum Index -> General chit chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pekuokole

re: So What Are You Doing for Thanksgiving?

I will have dinner at my youngest brother's house with his three youngest children. Also attending will be my parents.

We're doing a traditional Dinner with Turkey/Ham and all the sides, plus my "on the spot" Yam dish that I created for a department Holiday Potluck because the lady who was going to bring her candied yams was sick that day! So I whipped up something on 2 hours' notice to make in the Microwave at work and it turned out to be absolutely wonderful (so say the department members and others who got to taste test it.) My mother requested I make it this year! (Guess it passed the Mom Test!)

It's quite cold and dry, here in SE WA state, near the Columbia River. When I looked out my back door this morning, all the sage brush and trees down by the river (across the street) were ghostly frosty white and the mighty Columbia was flat and grey.

Brrrrrrrr! It's too cold for a gal from Hawaii who prefers to run around the apartment in bare feet!!
Banren-Jahn

i come from a chicano family with roots from New Mexico. we all gather at my aunts house. we have all the traditional stuff, but i look forward to all the New Mexican dishes. green chili, carne adovada, sopapias...... omg, i have to stop. i'm getting hungry

New Mexico is the green chili capital of the world. wink

Breg-zerker

We are going to my parents house in Chelsea, Al.

Deer hunting and story telling with drinks all around!

Food will always be traditional Southern redneck fare with some wild game thrown in

Mingsawshi
Kin

I'll hopefully be eorking triple time and a half. envy if not then its turkey for me. Fridays a holiday here as so hopin to work one if not both days tongue out

Peace out
Ming

Berzarkin

im truly hoping to not get called in to work and just be able to sit around the house all weekend this year.
Nikar Tunaresun

watching http://www.mst3kturkeyday.com/
Baleful_COL

I start working today my seven day stretch of 4- midnight shifts, it was suppose to be 80 hours over the next 7 days (1 x8 6x12) but the OT got taken away last month due to cutbacks. It was going to be a huge check ;) Now I just get a really good paycheck since we have two holidays worked in this week. I will be getting over to family before work tomorrow for lunch and slowly recovering from a cold the last few days so not been a fun week at all.

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Who's Online
None