Post new topic   Reply to topic    Circle of Legends Forum Index -> General chit chat
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Kuroiokami the real

re: Throwback hello

So for whatever reason, I found myself being nastolgic and reminiscing about my old days in CoL. That ended up with me Googling for some old names from the past and a guild that I spent a ton of time in. And here you guys are, with several names that I still remember well. How awesome is it to see CoL kicking ass still.

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Lyrix_

Hey Kuro. You're that rogue with the high dkp figure, right? I bet if I looked you still have over 3,000,000 saved up. wink Hope all is well. =)

It not that I saved that much on purpose. I just was very very selective in what I'd buy. Besides, as I recall you were never too low on banked DKP either as Rylaar (or Iamken). It was such an awesome/horrible system. I still remember the last minute bids, the weapon cost table, and the oh-so-popular tax.

So what's new? I haven't played EQ in around three and a half years. (if you do see Kuroi on, it's my younger brother playing).

Hhrolf
Esteemed LEGEND

Hey Kuro :-)
I was only talking about you the other day, were your ears burning? /adjusts halo.
I was only saying good things of course P

I am finding that it is so much better these days. More relaxed, no drama, steady flow of recruits and still a kick ass raid force.
The win we pulled out on Saturday night was typical of the attitude atm, could have wiped but pulled through and got a first kill.
Hh
Lyrix_

I remember all of that as well. =) I came back earlier this year from an 8 year break. I did see Kuroi on a few months ago. The guild started raiding again a few months ago. We are slowly building back up. We only raid 2 nights a week now. You should come hang out with us!

Hh, I insist that there be drama. You must instigate it at once. I will allow you to choose the method that feel to be most appropriate (awkward love triangles, class warfare, and lots of caps to get you started. Glad to see y'all raiding, CoL without raids is like an undressed froglok... Nothing you want to see often. And you really have to stop calling that rusty coat hanger a halo... It's a better lightening rod Happy.

Rylaar, I have thought about conning back, I left because I had a son on the way and he may be getting old enough for me to dabble in the dark arts again. But talks with my brother make it sound like a lot has changed (and that Sony still hates rogues). It would be fun though to see some old friends and a game that I spent way too much time on.

Denya

Kuro!!!!!! I got so excited seeing your name on the forum!

The others have given you the latest and greatest on the guild already so I'll just limit my post to saying you should come back and play with us again! Happy

-Lady D
Hhrolf
Esteemed LEGEND

I have been back about 10 weeks or so now?
So to summarise some of the changes that have stood out for me:
Merc's are a game changer. No matter what class you are you can Molo ( merc + solo ) if you cant find a group etc, or you can use mercs to round out the group. If someone logs on you can drop a merc to make room. Several types available - tank, cleric, melee dps, magic dps. Many people have a cleric as one of their options for rezzes and buffs. You can buy a 2nd or 3rd slot etc on the store but can have only one merc out at once, but you can switch between them as needed. If you multi-box then each account can also bring along a merc so for 3 accounts you can have a well rounded group filling all 6 slots.
Daily hotzone tasks from Franklin Teek in PoK
Each task requires you to kill 5 of a specific type of mob in the specific hotzone for that level and gives xp based on the level of the hotzone, and which mobs are given each day varies randomly. So for example Old Bloodfields ( 85 hotzone ) may require 5 Nocs or 5 Kyvs or 5 Dragorns.
I actually find it is rare that I use lesson now, as I try to fit in the daily's first. I believe Kuro is now lvl 97. so you would want to do the 85, 90 and alternate 90 dailys for a silly amount of xp.

AA's.
The number of AA's available now is huge. There are so many nice ones too. Saw one guildie hit 12000 AA's the other day and if you are below 4500 then you get an xp boost as you are rated as below the curve. I came back at lvl 80 with 1182 aa's and am now lvl 94 with 2262 aa's so have gained 1100 aa's in 10 weeks whilst levelling. A lvl 90 daily will give me 4% xp or 42 aa's atm but will obviously give less as I approach the curve. I need it though, to get most of the useful AA's will put me around 6k minimum, and some say 8k.

Seeing some of those AA's in action from other classes does make you go 'holy sh*t' the first time you see some of the stuff they can pull off now.

The other big change is in attitudes, so many people have helped me out, whether making sure I get my xp or giving me gear etc etc, and many of them were complete strangers b4 I returned. You can understand old friends going out of their way to help but it's been so much more than that. I was talking to Souixxe about it and its down to a 'pay it forward' mentality. Whatever you want to call it, it's nice to see.

Hh
Hhrolf
Esteemed LEGEND

One other thing : I played so many other games over the last 4 years and nothing, but nothing compares with that first kill moment.

oh and see that panel to the left? Its got your name on it/nod

Rogue : HIGH need

/adjusts his rusty lightning rod P
Kuroiokami the real

Denya!? OMG. All I need is Falthorn to show up and we would have a pack of ex guild leaders. I know Sarg had it after I but don't know any of the story after that. How wild.

I remember mercs from my days if playing. I left shortly after Underfoot came out. I never fit the hang of it though. My rogue was a terrible tank who couldn't hold agro off the constant healing I needed. Was a little easier when I had my enchanter and another merc though. The hot zones are new to me but sound good.

Maybe I should come back and shake the rust off my daggers. Would be a treat to see and hang out with you guys in game again.

Hhrolf
Esteemed LEGEND

Lol well Sarg had a long period of being unavailable and I was deputising for him like I did for you, so one night whilst I was asleep at the keyboard ( never happened before honest ) the other officers discussed it and bushwacked me and asked me to share the leadership with Sarg when I woke up, and once the GM's got their act together from that point we had 2 guild leaders.
When I quit about 5 months later it was Veanda I handed it to.

So in the 4 1/2 years I was here it went :
Falthorn ( quit 2 weeks after I apped )
Denya
Rylaar
Kuroiokami
Sargtlin
Sargtlin and Wulff ( I had mainchanged to the SK at that point )
Sargtlin and Veanda

not sure after that tbh

Sarg is still playing and still in the guild, so if you return we would have 5 consecutive GL's back hehe
Arturo Fuente

If Kuro comes back I'll log in just to tell him Chop Chop!

Denya

You can log in and tell me Chop Chop!

(hint) you should log in more! <3

Lady D
Kuroiokami the real

Oh wow. Arturo, master strategist and Caps enthusiast, back as well? God I remember my first raids with Arturo at the helm. Ssra temple, Santicus Seru, Ahkeva, and my first raid loot mob, the Ancient Burrower. Good to see you sir. Does Namili know your back? I bet she'd be stoked to know.

Arturo Fuente

Not sure, I've been playing since February.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Circle of Legends Forum Index -> General chit chat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Who's Online
None