Post new topic   Reply to topic    Circle of Legends Forum Index -> From the archives
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hhrolf
Esteemed LEGEND

re: My first days in CoL

For most people Xmas makes them think of presents etc but for me Xmas always makes me think about when I first joined CoL as I apped on Xmas Eve back in 2004.
It was Boxing Day though before the Guild Leader at the time, Falthorn, gave me my tag. It was a very long 2 days.
A couple of weeks later Falthorn quit the game and Denya took over as Guild Leader. Everyone always talked about Falthorn with so much respect and he still has that reputation as an awesome leader so I feel sad that I missed seeing him in action. The server was in massive flux at the time as the release of both EQ2 and WoW in the previous few weeks had led to a lot of people leaving the game.
Front page news when I joined were the two first kill's in OOW of the Queen event and the King event in Riftseeker's Sanctum ( RSS) in early and mid December.
Omen's was the new expansion, the level cap had just been raised to 70 and I had worked hard to get to lvl 69 before apping so that I could raid in RSS, and I had exactly 150 AA's.
My earliest memories of raiding with CoL are coordinating with Aaira and the enchanters for the Queen and King events. Shamans were responsible for helping debuff the Feran's and root them in place so that the enchanters could actually land their mezzes on them.
One frustration when I first joined was that at 69 I was too low to have the group version of my hp buff so was massing the lower lvl 65 buff and then hitting all the tanks etc with the single version of the lvl 66+ buffs when none of the other shamans were online ( quite common at the start of raids ). Back in those days shaman's had to cast all their buffs separately ( agi, stam, hps etc ) so it was a lot of buffing. It was mid-Feb before I was awarded the Rune for the lvl 70 version and by then I was class leader too.

One thing I do recall is that the buffing of people that had been rezzed was shockingly bad at the time, so Aaira and I conspired to improve it. We encouraged a form of competition between the buffing classes to see who could buff the rezzed the quickest and encouraged the rezzed to call out which buff had landed first in their window ( this was back before you could see someone elses buffs /nod ). Sad to say the Druid's usually came in last and we all had a lot of fun at their expense. After several months of this our buffing of the rezzed was the best on the server hehe. It did always surprise new apps when guild members would suddenly call out 'shaman' or 'cleric' during a plow, not knowing wtf was going on.

So, what are your memories of your first days in CoL???

On the buffing side, I do recall there was one particular Paladin ( whose name I have forgotten) who had OCD on having his buffs in a set order. So he would get rezzed, all these buffs would land on him straight away, and he would click them all off as they were not in the right order. Then he would slowly send tells to individuals for the next buff he wanted. I used to get so many tells from irate buffers saying 'I am not buffing him now' as it used to upset them.

Quote:
On the buffing side, I do recall there was one particular Paladin ( whose name I have forgotten) who had OCD on having his buffs in a set order. So he would get rezzed, all these buffs would land on him straight away, and he would click them all off as they were not in the right order. Then he would slowly send tells to individuals for the next buff he wanted. I used to get so many tells from irate buffers saying 'I am not buffing him now' as it used to upset them.

= RUZAM =p

Wow, my whole guild went to it. I haven't heard Aaira in a long time. My cousin Jon, AKA Daard, was in the guild the before she came to CoL with her. I remember watch Luclin raids think I want to be that great. each one of us probably has more hp now than the whole mega raid force had.

It wasnt me !!

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Who's Online
None